The phrase ‘get your business out there’ can provoke fear, frustration, and anxiety.
It can be such an overwhelming concept because there are just so many different ways to do this and for an entrepreneur, too many options can result in paralysis.
I know I have felt this way many times before, but I have learned a couple tricks that have helped me deal with this yucky feeling.
- Write out EVERYTHING you want to do to help get your business out into the world. I mean EVERYTHING! Let it flow out of you like water. Don’t worry about order, logic or neatness. Have fun and don’t hold back
- From there pick, out the things that you most want to do first and start to figure out a sequence of events that make sense. Reverse engineering works brilliantly here. Do you want to get featured on a certain blog? Do you want strengthen your social media skills? Do you want to be interviewed on local TV?
- Instead of making a massive to do list, try putting all the jobs and tasks directly into your calendar. Try to limit the things you want to accomplish to 3-5 tasks/day. This will keep you on track and reduce overwhelm
- Action! Intention is one thing, but action is where the magic happens. Don’t overthink, just do it!
- Remember part of getting your business out there requires YOU to get out there! Check out networking events, seminars and anything else that will connect you with likeminded people. This is also a fabulous way to meet some cool new friends that you will have lots in common with
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. If you only get one thing done in a day because you instead went to the beach with your best buds, don’t be hard on yourself. You are the boss after all, so make sure you are a nice one ☺
- Celebrate when you do accomplish one of your goals. I am a big fan of solo dance parties! Take the time to do this because if you don’t, no one else will
Growing a creative business takes time and a lot of hard work.
But, if you are focused and take constant inspired action, it really is remarkable the amazing things you can accomplish. Turning your passion into a profitable business IS possible, you just need to decide!
Now we want to hear from you! As a jewelry designer, how are YOU getting your business out there? Which of these tips will really help YOU out? Tell us in the comments below.
Turning your passion into a profitable business IS possible, you just need to decide! @makeitshow
Jenna is the founder of Make It University, an online business program for creative entrepreneurs. After running a successful accessory company for over 8 years and producing one of Canada’s largest craft shows, Make It! The Handmade Revolution, Jenna loves nothing more than to see people do what they love as a full time career. She is also a certified Etsy Educator and teaches sellers how to rock their shops.
Jenna is also an ETSY Expert Educator! Check out her new offering Etsy 101: Keys to Selling Online
Etsy 101: Keys to Selling Online can be- If one of your goals to get yourself out into the world is to have a thriving Etsy shop, wise choice my friend! Etsy is a phenomenal platform for artist and designers to reach a massive global audience. Did you know they get more than 45 million visits a month?! Crazy. Etsy 101: Keys to Selling Online gives you everything you need to build and grow a shop that even makes money while you sleep. This course takes out all the guesswork and shows you how to do everything step by step. No reason to ever feel overwhelmed or frustrated by Etsy ever again. If you want to rock your Etsy shop, I will show you exactly how.