Insiders Tips on Using Instagram for Your Jewelry Biz

Interview with Robin & Sue B Do!

Tracy and I have been fascinated by the new social media darling Instagram and wanted to learn more about it so we contacted Sue B. Zimmerman, the Instagram Gal! Sue knows Instagram like no other and I was psyched to sit down (virtually) with her and chat about why Instagram is so fab.

With all of the different social media options out there, why should a jewelry designer be on Instagram?

We hope this interview helped shed some light on Instagram and we want to hear from YOU!

Make sure you are following us on Instagram @flourish_thrive & @tracymatthewsny & @robinkramersf

In the comments below tell us the following::

1. What’s the first thing you are going to do on Instagram after hearing this interview?

2. What was your favorite insight in the video above?

Tweet This:

@flourish_thrive chats w @suebzimmerman & gets the scoop on Instagram 4 #jewelry #biz http://bit.ly/12WShou

1. Laura Kennedy Aiken on July 9, 2013 at 11:43 am

Really enjoyed learning more about instagram! Thanks.
    Laura.

• admin on July 9, 2013 at 5:09 pm

awesome Laura_ follow us on instagram @flourish_thrive

• admin on July 9, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Laura awesome! make sure you follow us on instagram @flourish_thrive

2. Melissa on July 9, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Love Sue B Do!! She is a highly energized entrepreneur that makes learning Instagram easy!! I strongly recommend her Instagram Bootcamp!! You will not be disappointed. ~Color Me Happy by Melissa

3. Mary-Jo on July 9, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I LOVE Instagram and definitely use it to promote my biz. For me though, like Twitter, my posts are a mix of my daily life, peeks behind the scenes in the studio and photos of newly completely custom projects. Although I have lots of follower and well hearted photos, truthfully, I haven’t gotten much traffic to my website from Instagram. I still love it for the easy filters and even use some of those pictures for my website too. I also share all of my photos to Twitter & Tumbler and only a few to Facebook as I don’t want to overwhelm my family and friends. Btw, I’m “@MerCuriosJewels” on Instagram if your interested. 🙂 xo, MJ

4. MONA SIMULESCU on July 9, 2013 at 5:55 pm

I really liked the info Sue provided about her experience with Instagram, and considering at least 2 other people told me I should open an account on it I will do that soon.
    I already promote my jewelry on FB, Pinterest, and Google Plus therefore I was weary of opening yet another social media account, but now I am convinced. My son who is only 12 has been on Instagram for 6 months now and he loves it more than any other social media.
    Thank you guys so much for posting the video!
    Sincerely,
    Mona

5. Cindy on July 10, 2013 at 12:15 am

Enjoyed this interview, thank you Robin and Sue! Just joined Instagram myself not too long ago and I find I like it because I have always enjoyed taking pictures, much more than writing. 🙂 Looking forward to learning more about Instagram for both fun and business.

6. Amy on July 10, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I love what she said about behind the scenes and letting customers get to know your through your brand. I use Instagram a lot, and it’s a great way to get feedback on designs as you go, even if you don’t have a ton a followers, if you hash-tag things that people are looking for, lots of people will see your posts.
    After this I really need to write a better Bio, I don’t even know if I have one on there at all.
    Thanks so much! This was great!
    xo-A

7. Maureen on July 13, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I’ve been playing with instagram and find it easy and fun to use. Thanks for this interview — time to take it to the next level!

8. Http://Kidsumbrellas.Blogspot.Com on January 6, 2014 at 10:40 pm

You may put in lopnger hours trying to generate business lwads than you did at your old day job and not make a dime.

Ultraviolet rays are the primmary factor in developing skin cancer and are 15 times greater in a tanning booth than outdoors.

And you get the added bonus of a T-shirt and knowing your