How to Use Video to Rock Your Jewelry Business: Tips From a Video Rock Star

Have you ever wanted to try video to promote your jewelry business but weren’t really sure how? Where you bashful to get in front of the camera? Or did you chose not to use video because you thought it would be a big production or too much work?

Last year, I went through my re-brand for my jewelry business and website. As I was going through the process, I knew I wanted to make it easier for my clients to get to know me. While in discussions with my designer, I decided i wanted a video on my homepage. I had seen the effects of how video helped us to connect at Flourish & Thrive Academy.  I had a hunch that video would be a powerful tool to connect with clients who were meeting me for the first time, online.

My hunch was right. Most of my custom jewelry clients have always come via referral. Something interesting happened when I launched my new website with the homepage video:: I started getting a huge influx of non referral inquiries to work with me! I believe there is a reason for that….which we talk about in the interview below.

Video is one of the most effectively marketing tools to develop a following online. Today, I interview a true video Rock Star, Share Ross. She was the bassist the all female 80’s rock band, Vixen and has spent her post rockstar career pretty much doing all things video. Today, she teaches entrepreneurs how to use video to rock their brands!

I am so excited to speak to Share today because she is the real deal when it comes to using video for your online jewelry business.

In this interview we talk about::

• How video builds trust with your audience.
  • Her top techniques and tips for using video in your jewelry business
  • Some innovative ways to use video for your jewelry brand
  • How to get social proof with video (can you say sell your jewelry on autopilot?)
  • And lots of other fun stuff

Robin & I are even more excited because Share is teaching us one of her signature trainings, How to Sparkle & Shine on Camera, for our Ramp Up Your Holiday Sales Program.

Share wants to hear from you (and so do we)! In the comments below, tell us the following::

1. Are you using video to promote your jewelry brand? If so, how?
2. What are your favorite video tips that Share mentioned?

VIXEN_WALLPAPER

You can find Share at ShareRoss.com and VideoRockstarUniversity.com. Make sure you send her some love over on her Facebook page and on Twitter.

[Tweet “what can a rockstar teach a jewelry designer about rockin' brand videos? http://bit.ly/16hoFU7”]

1. Katy on August 6, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I love that you featured a video with Share today. I hope to take her course early next year. Video blogging i feel is the the next big thing and naturally the next step in building a great & trusting relationship with customers 🙂 great stuff!

• Tracy Matthews on August 6, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Share is amazing! Isn’t she??

Glad you enjoyed it!

xo, Tracy

• Share Ross on August 7, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Thank you Katy! And thank you Tracy! Indeed, video and the myriad of ways you can use it authentically … is incredible!

Woohoo! Hope to work with you when you’re ready Katy. xo

2. Mariel Heart on August 6, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Wonderful and useful information. Thanks for SHAREing! Thanks for the reinforcement that it’s all about telling the story.
    Here’s an instagram video I made a month ago (…yikes, time flies, I need to add these to my Marketing Calendar and do them regularly) -It’s 4 hours of work into 15 seconds. http://instagram.com/p/bThcWJAqex/
    Digging her tips! I already see room for improvement. Heading to her site now…

• Share Ross on August 7, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Love this Mariel! Sooo cool! Yep, those instagram vids can take a lot of time.
      You can make it simpler by just showing us one part of the process and then the finished piece. PLUS… you can play around with longer clips, too.

Keep playing though! Sounds like you’re committed and that’s what it takes. Woohoo!

3. Mariel Heart on August 7, 2013 at 12:10 am

You know what, I should also mention that on May 1 of this year, I was the girl that feared getting in front of the camera. In one month, after making a video every day for practice, I got over my fear. 🙂 So everyone can do it, if I can. You can see some of those videos on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/marielheart

Just signed up for Share’s video university email list to keep improving. Thanks!

• Share Ross on August 7, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Soooo flippin awesome Mariel! Yay you! Love your vids. Honored you’ve signed up for the free training at VRU.

4. Aradia on August 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I’m really looking forward to getting into video more myself! This video was great because I had really drawn a blank about how to use it to serve my brand & products!

5. Warner on August 14, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I seldom comment, however I browsed some responses on How to Use Video to Rock
    Your Jewelry Business: Tips From a Video Rock Star | Flourish & Thrive Academy.
    I actually do have a couple of questions for you if you
    tend not to mind. Could it be simply me or do some of these remarks look like they are written by
    brain dead people? 😛 And, if you are writing on other sites, I
    would like to keep up with you. Would you post a list of every one of your shared sites
    like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

6. Ronda on October 2, 2013 at 12:39 am

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a
    weblog web site? The account aided me a appropriate deal.
    I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered shiny clear concept

7. Pearline on October 16, 2013 at 10:21 am

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from
    an established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own blog?

I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not
    sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions?

8. fave N?: faves on October 17, 2013 at 9:18 am

Asking questions are truly pleasant thing if you are not understanding anything totally, but this post provides pleasant understanding even.

9. Pond Systems on October 17, 2013 at 5:48 pm

This is a very good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Simple but very accurate information_ Appreciate your sharing this one.
    A must read article!

10. 69.16.186.202 on October 17, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I almost never drop responses, however i did some
    searching and wound up here How to Use Video to Rock Your Jewelry Business:
    Tips From a Video Rock Star | Flourish & Thrive Academy.

And I do have a couple of questions for you if you usually do not mind.
    Could it be simply me or does it look as if like some of the comments appear as if they are left by brain
    dead individuals? 😛 And, if you are writing on additional online social sites, I would
    like to keep up with everything fresh you have to
    post. Could you make a list of the complete urls of all your shared sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or
    twitter feed?

11. http://www.anunturionline.info on October 18, 2013 at 2:06 am

Hello there! I simply wish to give you a big thumbs up for your excellent information
    you have here on this post. I’ll be returning to your blog for more soon.