3 Steps to Honor Yourself During the Holidays

Do you feel frazzled these last few days before Christmas? I know I do.

Every year, without fail, I feel burned out right before Christmas comes. In fact, I shipped my last three orders of the year yesterday!

For jewelry designers, the Holiday season is often quite hectic because it’s our top selling season. Instead of being able to enjoy holiday merriment, we are making, packing and shipping orders right up till the last minute — which means no time for ourselves!

It can be easy to forget to take care of ourselves. Enjoying all we’ve accomplished and spending time with our families and friends are the most important parts of the holiday season.

Just like you, Robin and I have been working really hard to prep for our new training series that is launching in January. Make sure you keep your eyes out for the it the week of January 5th.

We’ve decided to take the last week of the year to take care of ourselves and honor all that we did accomplish this year, so we’ll be taking next week off from Blogging and Designer Spotlight!

Before we head out on break, I wanted to share a few tips that have really helped me honor myself over the years (and take care as well). Honoring yourself is an important part of the business cycle: If you are always going, going, going with no down time, you aren’t going to have very much fuel to keep your business in prime position.

Today, I’m walking you through 3 Steps to Honor Yourself During the Holidays

Click to tweet: how are you honoring yourself this holiday season? #jewelry designers

In the comments below, I want to hear the following:

1. List 2-3 things you are acknowledging and celebrating this year!
  2. Tell me at least one way you are going to take exquisite self-care of yourself within the next week.

Make sure you check your inbox for our special Christmas & Holiday Gift coming your way on December 25th!

If you aren’t already on our mailing list, you can enter your name and email below for free updates and jewelry business advice and you’ll get our FREE gift to you, as well!

1. Kari on December 23, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I am acknowledging that before this year, my small business didn’t exist! I was able to get it off the ground and sell a lot this season! I am taking care of myself this week by not working after today through next Monday to rest and spend time with family and friends.

• Tracy Matthews on January 20, 2015 at 8:47 pm

I love this..and glad you got to take a break! HNY

2. Susan Harbourt on December 23, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I listened to this 3 times…thank you.

– I am celebrating that I MORE than doubled my business
    – I am celebrating that I have found a sisterhood of friends and artists thru F&T who are truly there to support me and cheer for me. I may be an island, am not an island floating alone but actually part of an archipelago.

– What I will do / did for me: I just ordered myself a new work out outfit, 3 new shirts, a sweater, a pair of pants, a new bra and some new undies. This is big, because most of my threads are only suitable for slopping in the workshop so I feel frumpy dumpy in public…and I hate to buy clothes because of my weight not being ideal. I said screw it I will capitalize on some of the holiday sales and not feel guilty buying some clothes for myself….

• Tracy Matthews on January 20, 2015 at 8:48 pm

You are an amazing designer miss Susan! You should be so proud of yourself! for all you have achieved..

3. Anna H on December 26, 2014 at 6:08 pm

I really loved this video because it focused on the positive that came from the 2014 year. At some point we all have to evaluate what worked and what didn’t but for right now, it’s all good.
    This year has been amazing for me as something clicked and I decided to take it from hobby to business. I’ve learned and grown so much, I’m actually surprised at myself! F&T has helped me every step of this journey! I nearly doubled my sales this year, increased my email list by 25%, and gained new insights into my dream client! I am well on my way to developing a new collection (my first real one!!!) and am so excited I can hardly wait to get started.
    Unfortunately it’s been so crazy I now have a cold but I’m turning the down time into fun time and taking lots of hot baths, drinking tea and watching movies. Thanks again and I can’t wait to see what 2015 holds!!

• Tracy Matthews on January 20, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Anna love hearing about your successes in 2014! Amazing! Hope you are feeling better.

4. Stacie Meislohn on December 27, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Hello, So glad I found you on a Google search for “display booth” ideas! Got much more than I was looking for…
    acknowledging and celebrating:
    Our retail store/jewelry sales beat last years’ figures, and my jewelry continues to be the top selling category in our luxury coastal lifestyle boutique for 9 years!
    Celebrating getting through some serious health issues last year!
    Treating myself to a warm-weather wardrobe and renting a house in Florida for 2 months this winter!
    Thank you so much – so happy I found Flourish & Thrive!

• Tracy Matthews on January 20, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Love this Staci and hope you are finding our blog useful for your biz! How was your trip to Florida??

5. Robin on December 30, 2014 at 3:33 am

Susan,

So happy you are celebrating your success and yourself! You have worked so hard and not only have you made a difference in those you have worked with, but also with everyone in our community! Thank you for being amazing! We love you dearly and will continue celebrate you through 2015! xo Robin