Content and Social Media Marketing Manager
Flourish & Thrive Academy is the premier online marketing and business education platform for jewelry and creative product brands. We’re seeking a Content and Social Media Marketing Manager to create, optimize, and manage the production of content across all marketing channels including our blog, podcast, social media, and social search channels for the brands. The ideal candidate is results driven, a self-starter, and LOVES social media and digital marketing.
This position is PERFECT for you if...
- You love working in a fast-paced environment and you are obsessed with helping a business reach their goals with your creative brilliance.
- You are highly organized and love following projects through to completion.
- You have a unique ability to see the bigger picture for a project and also dial in the little parts and details needed to support the desired outcomes.
- You LOVE learning new things - in fact you are hungry to stay on top of the latest trends in the industry to implement those trends in your role.
- You enjoy testing and tweaking to see what resonates the best with an audience.
- You enjoy connecting with people, nurturing an audience, and providing insights on what resonates to do the best you can do in your job.
This position is NOT for you if…
- You don’t enjoy working from home or virtually.
- You can only work at nights and weekends or odd hours. The hours are flexible but we will need you to be available during our business hours of 10 am - 6 pm EST.
- You don’t like to be told how to do something or the reverse, you want to be told how to do everything. There is a balance between bringing in your innovative ideas and following company best practices.
- You aren’t available to do the work yourself and can’t attend video conference calls.
- You don’t have a good, strong internet connection.
We’re seeking someone (a human not an agency) who can work 25-35 hours a week in a virtual, contract position. While experience in social media and digital marketing is ideal, we’re willing to train the right person. You can work from home or wherever 100% of the time although you must be available for meetings, community engagement, and for team communications during the hours of 10 am - 6 pm EST.
Keep reading if you are excited to work closely with a quickly growing company where you’ll be part of a rockstar team…
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and curating blog content, social media, podcast, and video content across multiple channels.
- Creating and managing a strategic content and marketing calendar that ties into the goals of the company.
- Writing and editing blog posts, emails, SEO search captions, and engaging social media captions in accordance with our marketing objectives
- Search Engine Optimization for all branded websites and social search tools
- Managing content creation and overseeing content consistency and alignment with brand style, standards, and brand voice.
- Weekly tracking, metrics analysis and reporting of inbound traffic for all social media, social search, and organic search to increase engagement, exposure, and growth.
- Testing our assumptions to think beyond the status quo, research and investigate our competitors, identify their competitive edge, collate information to improve our strategy, and align strategic partnerships.
- Researching and Implementation of Keywords and Hashtags
- Increasing overall audience growth and brand awareness through marketing channels.
- Mentoring and training members of the marketing team to make sure our skills are constantly up to date.
More About You
You love online content marketing and social media. Getting better conversions from your efforts is exciting to you. You’re detail-oriented, results-focused, enjoy learning new ways to market, and consider yourself to be on the cusp of the newest marketing trends.
You enjoy contributing to a team, achieving goals, and conceptualizing new ideas because you’re a creative problem solver and think outside the box. You enjoy strategic planning and taking big picture ideas to a granular level so that you understand how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together.
You have a sense of humor, like to have fun while working, and enjoy being a part of a fast-paced company where you may be required to pivot often. The position is a remote, “work from home” role and requires you to be a self-starter, great at time-management, and prioritizing workflow while taking ownership of your projects.
You’ll be working with a mix of content marketing, social media marketing, and email marketing. (And whatever else you see fit to throw into the mix!)
Here are some of the knowledge and skill set required for the role...
- A+ verbal and written communication skills
- Teamplayer and can do attitude
- A strong understanding of how content creation weaves into the customer journey and buying process
- “Know how” to build brand loyalty with Know-Like-Trust content
- Understanding of the nuances of various social media, marketing, and content platforms including a blog, podcast, Instagram, IG stories, IGTV, Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Groups, Youtube, Pinterest, Manychat, and Email Marketing
- Experience and expertise in launching and managing comprehensive, measurable online marketing campaigns.
- A data-driven approach - you use data to make informed decisions and take pride in recognizing the most important data to test your assumptions.
- A love for creating and scaling systems and turning successful efforts into ongoing, automated systems.
- Experience in content marketing and you love engaging with our customers and audience.
- A passion for researching new tools, learning new things and becoming an expert in their use.
- A knack for outside the box thinking as you’re always trying to improve and optimize beyond the status quo to test and integrate next level strategies.
- Extremely strong implementation skills and love seeing your work through to completion.
- A strong attention to detail and a checklist-driven style to make sure that everything is working smoothly before a campaign goes live.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Every day, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with people and help them achieve their biggest goals. You’ll be focused on the things you truly LOVE to do -- creating amazing content that attracts new leads, provides value, and gains exposure for the brand.
We have a virtual team spread around the world who love working together. But the position will require you to be available during our business hours work day during the hours of 10am-6pm EST Monday-Friday. Your job responsibilities will vary week by week making this position exciting.
You’ll have the flexibility to work at home in your PJs or at a local coffee shop. Our goal is to support you in keeping you motivated to do excellent work!
You’ll be challenged to “think outside the box” and grow in your role on a daily basis. We’ll be here to support you on your journey as you continue to evolve. We are business-minded but an environment of FUN and excitement are important to all of us...so let’s do this!
What’s important to us is that there is a strong communication channel, that you are getting your responsibilities completed on time or early.
So whatcha think? Maybe a great fit?? We’d love to know more about you…
What We Do
We empower independent jewelry and creative product brands to launch, grow and scale profitable businesses for creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature offers help independent designers to break free from the starving artist syndrome and use their creativity to grow their business and profit. We give them a tangible step-by step roadmap that small actions every day build a business designed around life values and goals.
We lead a passionate team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Tracy Matthews from her top-rated “Thrive by Design” podcast, or from the courses, coaching and masterclasses she offers to help independent jewelry and creative product brands build their businesses through tried and true marketing, sales and growth strategies . To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our Team + Company Values
- Can Do Attitude: We get it done through creative problem-solving, teamwork, being solutions oriented and asking for help
- Community Over Competition: We believe in customer happiness and creating a community where everyone CAN be successful
- Always learning and Implementing: Education is the core of our company. We strive to be on top by continually educating ourselves.
- Fun: Work is play and the reverse. We love doing what we love so it never feels like work
- Integrity: We show up in the best possible way with transparency and honesty to grow
- Innovation: We strive to be moving forward in ways to best serve our customers and industry
We’re a team full of motivated individuals, so why not?
- Competitive compensation
- Once a quarter paid creative days
- Get your B’day off!
- We’ve built an amazing team of A-Players who really enjoy each others company
- Tracy’s committed to having fun and making the workplace challenging and inspiring daily.
Remember to fill out the application by 8/25/2020…