If you've got passion and a desire to to have a job that leverages your unique talents and skills, you might be just the person we're looking for. We are an online education, marketing and coaching company aiming to help independent jewelry brands launch, grow and scale their businesses. We've got a ton of exciting new projects in the works this year...so many that we need a hand to get them all done.
A few questions...
- Do you love writing jaw-dropping content that gets people to engage and take action?
- Can you easily write in someone else's voice and actually enjoy the challenge?
- You can’t stop thinking about how to get better conversions from your efforts?
- Are you a quick writer, take feedback well and have a keen eye for proof-reading?
- Do you enjoy contributing to a team and coming up with new ideas and sharing them?
- Are you a creative problem solver and think outside the box?
- Are you experienced in taking a piece of content and breaking it up into lots of great nuggets?
- Can you think big picture to a granular level understanding how all the pieces of the marketing puzzle fit together?
- Do you have a sense of humor and enjoy being a part of a fast-paced company where you may be required to pivot often?
We are looking for someone to work 10 - 15 hours per week in a 100% virtual position. These hours would need to be worked within normal working hours of 9am - 5pm EST. During launches and promotions, we may need up to 20 hours per week, but that will be determined on a case by case basis.
This position involves working some evenings and weekends, and sometimes responding to team members outside of work hours. Also, because our business uses an online launching business model, a few times per year there will be the need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends preparing for program launches.
We don't need you to be a content and copywriting expert yourself. But we do need you to have a good understanding of how online marketing works, including lead magnets, opt-in pages, sales pages, email marketing processes, webinars, Facebook marketing, etc. (If any of those phrases are brand new to you, this likely is not the perfect position for you.) We need you to make sure that our brand stays consistent and reliable, from start to finish, with each project we put out.
To be straightforward: This position holds high expectations.
But if you're the person we’re looking for, you're the type who gets motivated by high expectations and loves to make things happen.
Duties and Responsibilities
Thinking this job is tailor-made for you? Read on to learn more. We need someone who:
- Writes and repurposes all content social media strategy, blog, email and any other platforms needed.
- Curates and creates content with our marketing and sales objectives for the company in mind. All content should be written with the “Know, Like and Trust Factor” and marketing strategy in mind and in the voice of our CEO Tracy Matthews.
- Edits and writes content (and captions) for our blog, other external blogs, messenger, social media, Youtube, podcast emails, newsletter, and assorted email broadcasts.
- Keeps SEO fresh and up to date on the website and blog (working with outside consultants and work on it yourself).
- Rewrites any outdated courses, trainings and webinars as needed and creating workbooks and worksheets for courses and trainings while maintaining quality control on all content from copy to images to make sure they meet brand standards
- Dives deep into understanding our audience’s buying patterns and behaviors and use that to make the best decisions for overall revenue and sales growth.
- Tracks and curates metrics for improving email open and click-through rates as well as strategize with our social media coodinator and create content for social that increases non-paid traffic to the website including social media, YouTube, SEO, and any non-paid traffic source.
- Oversees content consistency
- Reports our content marketing results to the team
- Test our assumptions - think beyond the status quo and what our competitors are doing.
- Develops creative and effective content for press releases, websites, testimonials, case studies, and more as needed.
- Helps develop & document procedures to manage and create content.
Here's who this position is NOT for:
- Those looking for a "side job" while growing their own business or juggling multiple clients.
- People who have a lot going on already and don't have the time and focus to really dive in and commit to getting the work done.
- The people who haven't read a non-fiction book (or listened to a podcast) about business or marketing in a very long time.
- Those who aren't willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Those who prefer to be front-facing in the business.
However, this position is for a person who:
- Is resourceful and solutions oriented.
- Can handle stress and tight deadlines.
- Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and vendors.
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality.
- Is not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces a "until it gets done" attitude.
- Is a high-functioning communicator.
- Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, organization, simplicity, and clarity.
- Takes ownership and pride in their work.
- Is not afraid of new challenges.
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go.
- Is technologically savvy.
- Can handle direct & blunt feedback.
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying calm and collected.
Here's what the right person will love about this position:
- You'll be paid to do what you already get a kick out of: learning new ways to make things work.
- You'll get to do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool...
- You'll get to work in a fast growing online training company, where there are loads of growth opportunities.
- You'll learn the ins and outs of online marketing, content development, and building a brand with a massive audience online.
- You'll also see "behind the scenes" of how we grew our business from scratch to more than 40,000 subscribers.
- You'll be part of a company that has one main goal: Helping people get more of what they want out of life. By helping people create successful businesses we help them to create successful lives.
What We Do
We empower independent jewelry brands to launch, grow and scale profitable businesses for creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature offers help independent designers to break free from the starving artist syndrome and use their creativity to grow their business and profit. We give them a tangible step-by step roadmap that small actions every day build a business designed around life values and goals.
We lead a passionate team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Tracy Matthews from her top-rated “Thrive by Design” podcast, or from the courses, coaching and masterclasses she offers to help independent jewelry brands build their businesses through tried and true marketing, sales and growth strategies . To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our Team + Company Values
- Can Do Attitude: We get it done through creative problem-solving, teamwork, being solutions oriented and asking for help
- Community Over Competition: We believe in customer happiness and creating a community where everyone CAN be successful
- Always learning and Implementing: Education is the core of our company. We strive to be on top by continually educating ourselves.
- Fun: Work is play and the reverse. We love doing what we love so it never feels like work
- Integrity: We show up in the best possible way with transparency and honesty to grow
- Innovation: We strive to be moving forward in ways to best serve our customers and industry
We’re a team full of motivated individuals, so why not?
- Competitive compensation
- Once a quarter paid creative days
- Education stipend
- Get your B’day off!
- We’ve built an amazing team of A-Players who really enjoy each others company
- Tracy’s committed to having fun and making the workplace challenging and inspiring daily.