We're hiring an...
Flourish & Thrive Academy is the premier online business and marketing education company for independent jewelry designers and makers. The CEO is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant located in the Scottsdale, AZ area to help with research, business development, event planning, email management, administrative tasks, and some personal tasks. The position is primarily a remote role but will require you to meet with the CEO at least once a week in person.
This position is PERFECT for you if...
- You’re highly organized and find a huge sense of satisfaction checking off to-do lists, and following projects through to completion.
- You enjoy being in a support role to anticipate what your CEO needs.
- You enjoy communicating with people, building relationships, and finding new opportunities for growth and improvement.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You describe yourself as someone who enjoys simplifying and optimizing workflows to be more efficient.
- You take full ownership and responsibility for your outcomes, KPIs, and task completion.
- You’re punctual and never miss a deadline.
- You enjoy taking on responsibilities and new challenges.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment with variety in your daily schedule.
- You’re resourceful and a natural problem solver.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions when needed if you can’t figure out a solution yourself.
- You take direction really well AND can lead or head up projects confidently.
- You have an incredible attention to detail and time management skills.
- You’re passionate about continually learning and improving your skill set.
- You don’t mind taking on responsibilities outside of your job description if necessary to hit deadlines or get things done.
This position is NOT for you if…
- You don’t enjoy working virtually or in a hybrid in person to remote environment.
- You don’t like working in a fast paced environment.
- You don’t enjoy supporting others.
- You don’t consider yourself a planner or very organized in general.
- You aren’t available to do the work yourself (because you’re outsourcing to a team or someone else)
- You can’t attend video conferences/meetings over Zoom during our business hours.
- You can only work at nights and weekends or odd hours. The hours are flexible but we will need you to be available to respond during our business hours of 10 am - 6 pm Mountain time (especially from the hours of 1-6 pm Mountain Time to meet with our team overseas).
We’re seeking someone who can work 35-40 hours a week. The position will be hired as a contract position for the first 90 days and if both parties feel it’s a fit, we will offer a full-time position with the company.
You have 2-5 years experience in digital marketing and social media (ideally for an online business). You can work from home or wherever 100% of the time although you must be available for meetings, community engagement, and for team communications during the hours of 9 am - 5 pm MST.
Keep reading if you’re excited to be working with a quickly growing company!
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the CEO: Works closely with the CEO to enhance her effectiveness by providing support and information management to the executive and others on both teams
- Admin Tasks and Calendar Management: Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including maintaining the CEO’s calendar, project management, booking travel, completing expense reports, researching opportunities, organizing meetings, etc.
- Email Management: Manages the CEO’s inboxes, organizes inbox and email flow and corresponds on behalf of the CEO (2 inboxes) to get to inbox zero
- Production Liaison: Maintains a relationship with the NYC based production assistant, CRM and project management database for the CEO to help complete jewelry projects on time or early
- Customer Service: Communicates directly on the behalf of the CEO to clients, strategic partners and team members for a wide variety of situations
- Website and Content Management: Regularly updates content, email marketing and simple edits on the CEO’s website
- Event Planning: Coordinates in person and virtual events for the companies and all of the details in organizing, planning and executing an event
- Systems Keeper: Organizes and maintains systems, backups and files on Dropbox and Google Drive
- Media Outreach and Podcast Coordination: researching potential podcasts for the CEO to become a guest on, booking guests on Thrive by Design, researching content and questions.
- Research: Various ongoing research and data compilation
- Simple Graphic Design: design blog and social media graphics in a tool called canva
- Personal Errands: Coordination and completion of personal errands and tasks
- Admin, Bookkeeping and Filing: helps CEO create presentations, editing slides, assisting with other miscellaneous bookkeeping, filing and in-person admin tasks as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. We use Google Drive which is most closely related to Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills - you enjoy talking to people.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Solutions oriented and outcome focused.
- Ambitious and motivated– we want someone that is excited to grow with us!
- Tech savvy – even though your role won’t be “techy” some simple tech issues may arise that will need resolving.
- A professional attitude and superior organizational and time management skills, with the ability to complete tasks on time or early.
- Excellent language and grammar skills.
- Self starter – someone who thrives on completing projects independently and on-time.
- Fast learner – someone who can pick up new systems and learn them quickly.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Every day you’ll have the opportunity to work on projects that bring art, creativity and jewelry into people’s lives. You’ll be focused on the things you truly LOVE to do -- supporting your CEO.
We work in a really fun relaxed environment. While we take our roles seriously, we like to have fun and we’re all working towards the company vision. We have a virtual team spread around the world who love working together. The position is flexible on timing with the exception of in person meetings with the CEO in Scottsdale or Fountain Hills 1-2 times per week. Your job responsibilities will vary week by week making this position exciting. If you’re interested in the jewelry industry, you’ll have an inside look because you’ll be working closely with vendors and manufacturers to create beautiful designs (don’t worry, Tracy will be doing the design piece).
Plus, when you’re not in person working with Tracy, you’ll have the flexibility to work at home in your PJs or at a local coffee shop. The goal is to support you in keeping you motivated to do excellent work!
You’ll be challenged to “think outside the box” on a daily basis while being supported with tools and mentoring to help you get the job done well. Plus, one of our core values is to always be growing and learning so we’ll be here to support you on your journey as you continue to evolve. We are business minded but an environment of FUN and excitement are important to all of us...so let’s do this!
We like to be nimble and flexible so this isn’t a typical 9-5 job. There will be times when we are working hard on deadlines but also times when you can take the afternoon off to enjoy the sun, grab lunch with a friend or pick up the kids from school.
What’s important to us is that there is a strong communication channel, that you are getting your responsibilities completed on time or early and you’re taking responsibilities off the CEO’s plate (and making their role easier).
So whatcha think? Maybe a great fit?? We’d love to know more about you…..
What We Do
We empower independent jewelry and creative product brands to launch, grow and scale profitable businesses for creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature offers help independent designers to break free from the starving artist syndrome and use their creativity to grow their business and profit. We give them a tangible step-by step roadmap that small actions every day build a business designed around life values and goals.
We lead a passionate team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Tracy Matthews from her top-rated “Thrive by Design” podcast, or from the courses, coaching and masterclasses she offers to help independent jewelry and creative product brands build their businesses through tried and true marketing, sales and growth strategies . To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our Team + Company Values
- Community and collaboration over competition
- Can Do Attitude
- Excellence in products, service, and advice
We’re a team full of motivated individuals, so why not?
- $40,000 to $50,000 a year to start based on experience. Benefits after 90 day trial period.
- We’ve built an amazing team of A-Players who really enjoy each others company
- Tracy’s committed to having fun and making the workplace challenging and inspiring daily.
- 1-3 Year of Executive Assistant and Event Management Experience desired.
- This is a full-time position at 35-40 hours a week. While your schedule is flexible if you need it to be, you will be required to take meetings during our business hours of 10 am - 6 pm MST. Training will be provided for software programs you are not familiar with.
Deadline to apply is October 10th.
We look forward to receiving your application!