The ideal candidate will...
- Be located in New York City, with easy access to 47th street between 5th and 6th avenues and the surrounding areas.
- Have experience and a background working with diamonds, precious metals and fine gems and an understanding of how jewelry is made.
- Have a knowledge and experience working in the jewelry district, in fine jewelry production, or a strong interest in learning about jewelry production in New York
- Trustworthy, detail oriented and highly organized.
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to meet production deadlines
- Be highly communicative with the designer, and her clients and vendors.
- A creative problem-solver to troubleshoot potential problems and come up with solutions.
- A jewelry design or gemology background or degree is a bonus..
- Have experience with these technology & tools:
- Google Suite
Job responsibilities include...
- Taking a piece of jewelry from initial concept to completion from the design process to final product.
- Communicating with jewelry clients via email, phone, and text regarding design preferences, timeline and payment schedule
- Working with model makers to interpret Tracy’s design sketches and produce drafts for client approval
- Working with casters to ensure the production of quality castings with low porosity
- Working with jewelers and setters to execute the final design
- Sourcing and purchasing findings, diamonds and precious stones
- Managing quality control and project timelines
- Managing jewelry repairs
- Working with professional photographer to photograph pieces in a style consistent with Tracy Matthews’ branding
- Physically meeting clients in New York or ship pieces out to clients
- Must be willing to do a background check
You might know Tracy Matthews from her top-rated “Thrive by Design” podcast, or from the courses, coaching and masterclasses she offers to help independent jewelry and creative product brands build their businesses through tried and true marketing, sales and growth strategies . To learn more about Tracy, check out the details here.