The jewelry industry is changing and so is the way consumers buy jewelry (yes, even fine jewelry). The innovative will survive while the “old school” thinkers will be left behind.
Our Proven Strategies Have Helped Jewelry Business Owners Just Like You:
Master the art of digital marketing to build an audience of “true fans” that create a consistent flow of customers (and a waitlist of clients).
Create stability in their business by transforming flaky Etsy and Amazon customers into direct buyers from their branded website.
Feel confident that their marketing is working, even when their comfy, cozy sleeping or on their pink sand beach vacation.
Drive organic traffic to their website and convert those prospects into buyers and email list subscribers, without needing to offer discounts or giveaways.
Overcome the perfectionist tendencies and limiting beliefs that are holding us back to move faster towards financial and business goals.
Get their jewelry brand featured on TV, magazines and online publications, without hiring a PR firm
SOS is for you if you’re...
- Ready to improve your overall business strategy so when you take a vacation – nothing falls apart.
- Tired of spending all your time putting out fires because you're scrambling at the last minute and nothing is structured. Stressed and strapped for cash isn't a good look, m'dear.
- Ready to make real progress towards your goals and stop making excuses why your website, blog, and newsletter hasn't been updated or sent out.
- Serious about taking your business to new levels and not settling for “good enough” for another minute because you’ve seen it work for other designers and now it’s your turn.
- Ready and willing to be coached – and you promise to remove the words “that won’t work for me” from your vocabulary.
- Willing to share your struggles with us so we can help you and your wins so we can celebrate you.
- Committed to your success by implementing quickly, you’re “in it to win it.”
SOS is not for you if you’re:
- Still making excuses for why you haven’t reached the level of success you want because deep down you aren’t ready to make that commitment. (It’s totally okay!)
- Looking to earn some part-time income selling jewelry online because you’re happy in your career and just want a fun hobby.
- Not ready to follow advice from others or make any changes to your business because you want to feel in control of the direction of your company.
- You have a hard time with or don’t like being told what to do.
- Not willing or committed to make time for quick implementation.
- You freeze under pressure. This program is an investment and it will require hustle and that’s why we only accept A-players.
I’m Tracy Matthews
Jewelry designer & co-founder of Flourish & Thrive Academy.
I’ve built two successful jewelry brands, sold over $8 Million in product. These days, I consistently make multiple 6-figures each year in my custom jewelry business.
But it hasn’t always been that way. My first jewelry business was taken down by the 2008 economic crash. When the stores started filing for Bankruptcy and I wasn’t paid for the hundreds of thousands of inventory I’d already shipped, I knew that “business as usual” was no longer a thing. I was screwed!
It took time, tears, massive stress and lots of hair loss to overcome some pretty massive hurdles including a business failure, bankruptcy, and a complete brand overhaul. When I embraced a new way of doing business, a new point of view and a new business model, reaching my perfect customers directly through my website became easy.
Since this started back in 2010, I’ve been a voracious student of digital marketing and e-commerce. I’m obsessed with figuring out how to make sales with all of the platforms and technologies available to us in this new e-commerce economy!
I’ve mastered the art of buying psychology, storytelling, website conversions, email marketing, video selling and all things digital.
And when you do it RIGHT, it works!
Your sales WILL increase across all sales channels (yes, including wholesale) and you WILL build a more leveraged business that gives you time and financial freedom, even during an economic downturn.
Why? Because YOU are taking control of your business and your sales. You will no longer rely solely on the next Trade-Show, Etsy Fluke, Amazon order, or live event (remember the one where you stood outside for 12-hours in sideways rain only to get 1 sale) to make money.
I’ve been where you are my friend - and I want to help prevent you from making the same mistakes that I did for many years.
I’m here to help if you’re willing to commit to yourself and change the way you think about business.
Does Any Of This Sound Familiar?
You feel isolated and alone and that no one really understands your unique struggles and what you’re going through as a jewelry business owner / designer.
You want to stop spinning your wheels and finally see real growth in your business.
You feel like you’re at a crossroads and that you need to make real growth happen now or potentially consider doing something else.
You want to be able to relax or at least not worry so much about every little dollar in and dollar out.
You feel overwhelmed by the amount of things that you have to do, are not sure what to focus on, and really just want freedom
Your sales are inconsistent and you if you just had more consistency, you’d have the feeling of security you really want
You don’t have a strategy, plan, structure, or the accountability you need to truly make progress
If any or all of those sound familiar, don’t worry because you’re not alone. In fact, SOS was designed precisely to help eliminate every single one of those concerns!
In SOS you’ll:
- Join a family of jewelry designers and business owners who support each other and know exactly what we’re all going through.
- Get tried and true strategies to grow your business online and offline
- Get proven systems to take more work off your plate and automate tasks so you can have more time for yourself
- Learn from expert coaches exactly what areas you need to focus on in your unique business
- Get help identifying additional revenue streams for your business so that your income is diversified across several streams.
- Get the support you need to stop stressing and worrying about whether or not your business is going to survive.
But the work we do in SOS is NOT for everyone, only the types of designers who want to have a better life,
Realize that there is no “easy” button in building a business and want to test out proven strategies for themself and double down on what works.
SOS is for ambitious, independent jewelry designers who are ready to uplevel their digital marketing prowess and innovate their business to generate massive revenue, direct to consumer sales, and increase their overall profitability.
It doesn’t matter if you have a start-up business, you’ve been in business awhile and you’re ready to make a pivot OR you’re someone with a successful established business, we will help you make money online.
Has 72% Growth After Only Three Months in SOS
“Before I joined SOS, my online sales were sporadic. I couldn't count on anything online. I've only been in SOS for three months and I've started to see my online sales pick up. I hit my goal on December 31st – I sold $150K. Comparing my first quarter last year to this quarter, I have 72% growth. SOS is awesome.”
TWYLA DILL, TWYLA DILL DESIGN
Hit Her 2018 Goal of $100K and Has Passed Her Q1 Goal for 2019
“My money results with SOS are pretty astonishing… My sales goal last year was to hit $100,000. And I reached it on New Year's Eve! My sales goals for this year are 25% higher than my previous year, but I'm in line to do even better than that. I feel so much calmer about my business than I did before in terms of financial stability and sales… SOS is amazing support!”
ALLISON KALLAWAY YOUNG, ALLISON KALLAWAY DESIGNS
“It's June 4th, and I just beat my last year's TOTAL SALES for the whole year. Huge SOS win!”
KATY BEH, KATY BEH FINE JEWELS
“BIG WIN! I implemented an automated email sequence according to my SOS coach Darian’s tips and they already resulted in a sale after just a few days!!! Previously, my emails rarely resulted in opens and clicks, let alone sales.”
YVONNE BURKART, TANGERINE LOTUS JEWELRY DESIGN
I’m assuming you’re still reading because...
- You keep hearing about digital marketing and online sales, but most of your revenue comes from trade shows, in-person events, brick and mortar stores or wholesale/consignment because you haven’t figured out how to sell more online yet
- You send an email newsletter maybe once a month and no one buys. You’re not sure what to say, feel totally sale-sy and worry about unsubscribes more than discovering what makes people open your emails and buy.
- You’re constantly tweaking your website, perfecting your products, and randomly posting on social media, hoping something will stick - but not seeing results.
- You sell on Etsy or Amazon but you know their rules and algorithms change and you’ve heard of other designers losing their entire businesses because of this...you don’t want to be next!
- The last time you tried running a sales promo you spent waaay too much time on it for waaay too little results
- You’re overwhelmed by “all the things” it takes to grow an online presence
- You’re working ‘round the clock hours - you’re exhausted, frustrated and feel like you aren’t moving ahead, even though you love what you do
- The trade-show - trunk show - craft show grind is crazy expensive and has gotcha down!
- You get steady in-person business but can’t figure out how to stop trading time for money to scale your business
- Your contact form on your website hasn’t seen any action in weeks (or months) and you can’t figure out why when someone DOES land on your website…. they don’t buy anything!
- You want to experience reliable cash flow and stability from your business, instead of hoping that store will pay on time or your next art faire will have decent weather and attendance.
If this is how you feel, you’re in the right place.
The truth is, when your marketing is unfocused and inconsistent, it’s almost impossible to make sales online.
If you’re business approach is reactionary instead of strategic, you’ll be stuck working IN your business instead of ON it with very slow growth. Talk about creative energy drain!
If you’re relying on passive platforms like Amazon and Etsy, you put your business success in the hands of algorithms and the advertisers with the deepest pockets..
And when you can’t get sales anywhere other than in-person shows or trade-shows, you can’t afford to take a break. Because if you do? Your entire business gets put on hold and your bank account dries up.
Retail stores are going through a massive wave of closures and consolidation. Open to buys are smaller so more and more retailers are requiring vendors (YOU) to basically fund their business with product on memo, consignment or sale or return.
Let’s be real, you know this isn’t the best way to run your jewelry business.
Seeing offline connections you made effortlessly turn into online customers because you know exactly how to follow up and keep them interested without being pushy.
Finding that perfect balance between promoting your product and connecting with customers both online & offline - so you're never feeling stretched thin or worn out.
Planning quarterly promotions that consistently bring in new customers and email sign ups because your messaging speaks directly to your ideal customer - they can't resist it!
Getting your brand the spotlight it deserves through regular media features, gift guide placement, and influencer endorsements!
Feeling accomplished when you stop working for the day at 4pm and reclaim your weekends!
Reaping the financial rewards and profitability targets of streamlining your business and selling to your customers where they’re hanging out anyway...online!
The only way to build a jewelry business like this is to start cracking down on the way you plan and execute your online marketing.
"I took time to look at my sales progress today Jan-current (since starting SOS) vs. last year and am so pleased!
Now, I'm making progress and have more than doubled my sales this year over last year. The best part though is the increases are a direct result of doing things I've learned in SOS:
1) Showing up consistently with content on my website & social. This lead to a sale from a new client finding me organically via Google!2) Asking for the sale - someone mentioned a future custom collaboration, and instead of waiting - I picked up the phone, followed up, and got an order!
3) I started consistently e-mailing my customer list ever since New Year's Eve and last week finally got up the nerve to directly post 2 new OOAK items as a "special" VIP only offer and I sold 1 of the 2 pieces!"
CHERYL BROOKS FUHS, SS MAGPIE
"On the advice of an SOS coach, we upped our prices in hopes of attracting our dream client and IT HAS WORKED!!
Even in this incredibly slow month we now have 4 fully custom engagement ring clients on the books and another 2-3 in beginning talks. This is the part of designing that I love and am unbelievably excited!"
JEANA RUSHTON, THE FOX AND STONE
SOS is a 3-year program with a 1-year commitment. During the first 12-months of this coaching program, you'll develop a rock-solid marketing strategy that supports your online and offline efforts to create a more sustainable, profitable business with ease and confidence.
The SOS coaches and I will work with you to develop a custom action plan specific to your goals and needs. Your business is unique! We meet you where you are to grow your business in the way you want.
We'll hold you accountable to do the work and motivate you to challenge yourself to cross into a 6-figure business or scale your current 6+ figure business to the next level.
Here’s the goal based on your level:
For established mid to high 6- figure businesses, we'll help you leverage your already successful business to build a marketing strategy and online revenue stream that adds up to $10k or more per month to your top line sales.
For low 6-figure or high 5-figure businesses, we’ll help you set up systems for growth. We’ll leverage your existing customer base to attract more like them while building consistent online revenue so you can ditch your soul-sucking shows.
Start Up Businesses
For ambitious start-up designers who believe in investing in themselves, this program will launch your business with a bang. You’ll be focused on foundational work to rake in consistent sales and build your customer base.
Not only do you have support from expert coaches and the FTA team, you're surrounded by a group of independent jewelry designers with similar goals and levels of ambition. They're ready to brainstorm strategy, collaborate, and celebrate with you every step of the way!
Your success is our reward.
Our #1 goal in this program is to get you results.
Went from Zero to Consistent Online Sales Each Month
“Before I started SOS, I would say my online sales were zero... I had people going to my website, but nobody purchasing. Since starting SOS, I've been having consistent sales each month! I totally feel supported with all the coaching I've received… If I had to describe SOS in three words, I would say, ‘lots of support!’
ASHLEIGH BRANSTETTER, ASHLEIGH BRANSTETTER DESIGN
Walked Away from the SOS Workshop with an Attainable Big Picture Strategy
“I’ve been in business for 19 years but we've had struggles with our online marketing...What I really enjoyed about the SOS Workshop was how structured it was and how Tracy and her team made it very straightforward… I walked away with a big picture strategy of how to market my company in a really consistent manner that is attainable.”
JENNIFER DAWES, JENNIFER DAWES DESIGN
Here’s what’s included in your
12 month membership:
Your SOS Kick-Off Call where we establish the 3 main goals that you’ll work towards for the year. You get a 90 day action plan including our advice on which experts to coach with for your first 3 months - so you start your year off right.
Laser Focused 1:1 Coaching Calls each month. As your jewelry brand gains momentum, you’re going to face new challenges. Our all-star team of SOS Accelerator coaches gives you the unique opportunity to get monthly 1:1 advice on their area of expertise. This means you know what to do each month to see the most sustainable results!
Accountability Pod for weekly support. You'll be placed in a structured accountability pod with 3-5 other designers. You’ll meet regularly, get feedback, and have the accountability needed to stay on track toward your goals.
Mentorship so you’ll never feel “left behind” in the fast-paced world of online business. A mentor is assigned to you - it’s their job to know about you, your business and your goals. They’ll be your touchstone throughout the year.
Monthly Hot Seat with Tracy
Tracy is a master at seeing opportunities and blind spots. Join the hot seat live with the group and you’ll leave with 3-5 ideas to move past your roadblock. Quick implementers see very fast results and reap financial rewards immediately.
Monthly Money Mindset Training
Our Mindset Coach Anna Shilina is sooo good! In fact, many students have said that the Hotseats with Anna are worth the investment in SOS alone. Your mindset is the most important key to your success and Anna will help you keep your eyes on your goals, run your own race and win financially every time.
Done-For-You Marketing Plans + Templates
Plug-and-play templates for you landing pages, automated emails, newsletters and graphics! Step out of overwhelm and into ease. We give you the tools to get it done quickly, confidently and stay consistent.
Don’t want to think about learning a new marketing strategy or documenting a process! We deliver done for you systems that you can download and use so you can save your brainpower on growing your business.
2 Virtual Workshops
Live, in depth half day trainings where Tracy does a deep dive on a specific topic (i.e. Email Automation, Promotion Planning, 90 Day Business Plans ).
2 Live In-Person Workshops
These are two full days of workshopping, masterminding and implementing with your fellow SOS’ers, Tracy and Team FTA.
SOS Private Online Membership Site
Exclusive portal for SOS Members to access all your training material. Designed around the SOS Success Model, the Membership site will help you Connect with and Convert your customers and Scale your Jewelry Business fast.
VIP Access to Flourish & Thrive trainings
Want to dip into Multiply Your Profits, Mastering Wholesale, Laying the Foundation or our 12 Week Intensive? It’s yours.
Private Facebook Group
Just for the SOS group, Tracy and Team FTA.
Meet Your Strategic Online Success (SOS) Accelerator Coaches
Forget trying to find a “jack of all trades” business coach (hint: it doesn’t exist!). You want to learn from coaches who are masters of their expertise. Which is why we’ve curated a group of coaches to help on the topics we know you need. Their personalized advice will get you moving in the right direction, fast.
Melissa Camilleri Anicich
Instagram & Building Engagement
Copywriting & About Page
Hiring To Scale
Ana Maria Andricain
Strategy & Inventory
Sales, Exposure & Relationships
Mailchimp & Automation
Money and Sales Mindset
Scaling On Your Own
Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith
Business Plan Development
Website Design/ Branding
Don't just take our word for it, our current SOS designers can't help but share their results…
The Mala Babe
JEANA AND JARED
The Fox and Stone
Bobbi Kahn Jewelry
Christine Stanton Lupo
FEW Made Jewelry
Susan Harbourt Designs
Has More Strategy, Confidence, and Sense of Community
“Since joining SOS, I really feel like I'm in the right community. I'm around people who speak my language. Being in the F&T community is kind of like having a best friend you can text at any moment. I’ve been elevating my expectations of my financial goals and really reaching for the stars way more than I was before! I feel like I have much more strategy. I feel confident. I feel more laser focused than I was before – and it really has to do with the community and the support.
MELLISA GESSNER, SPENCER FINE JEWELRY
"In just a short 6 months I've been able to generate over $20,000 with my jewelry subscription box, and that's based off of anywhere from 40 to 60 customers."
MICHAEL ADAMS, GOURD JEWELS
"I have clarity on who my dream client is and my website is one that I am proud of because of what I’ve learned.
I am learning more about how to drive traffic to the site. It is a work in progress, but I know I’ll get there with the encouragement and support of this community."