Flourish & Thrive Academy is Hiring a Content and Community Manager!
This is a virtual position and we are willing to train the right person.
Flourish & Thrive Academy is the premier online education company for jewelry designers and makers. Our specialty is teaching designers and makers sales, marketing and business skills to help them build an authentic business on their terms. For more info about the company, click here.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a growing company where you can be a part of a team and contribute to our success, keep reading
- Are you excited to be in a support role for a quickly growing online business?
- Are you a highly organized person who thrives on seeing projects through to completion?
- Do you have excellent time management skills and feel fulfilled checking tasks and projects off your list?
- Are you able to quickly anticipate a person’s requirements and implement quickly?
- Do you LOVE learning and enjoy a fast-paced work environment?
Then this might be the right position for you!
But we want to be clear because we are looking for a super-star who has a strong desire to learn and grow with a company. That’s why….
This is not for you if:
- You are just looking for part time supplemental income. We need someone that is willing to go full time eventually.
- You can only work at night or on the weekends. Yes, the hours are flexible but availability between 10 am edt to 6 pm edt will be required at times
- You are looking to build your own thriving VA business and take on multiple clients, we need you to have the space to grow with us.
- You don’t like being told what to do. While we are open to your creative thinking and input, this is a support role and you will report to the online business manager who delegates and oversees the team.
- CRM and email management
- Customer service
- WordPress edits (just small tweaks here and there)
- Member Site Management (uploading content like mp3's and pdf's)
- Landing page creation (using WordPress and Leadpages)
- Social media management
- Designing simple graphics (can be done using Photoshop, Canva or Picmonkey)
- Facebook community management
- General writing, proofreading and editing
- Travel arrangements (booking flights)
- Research and data compilation
- Other miscellaneous tasks as needed
Description of duties and responsibilities:
CRM and Email Management – This will include formatting emails in Infusionsoft and eventually other things such as creating products, discount codes, and webforms. Customer service ties closely with this because when emails are sent and people reply they go to the support inbox. So knowing what emails are sent will help you managing the email and replies.
Customer Service – customer service is a large part of what we are looking for. We need this to be checked 2 to 3x a day. We need you to love helping and interacting with people. Also looking for common questions so canned responses can be created to save time.
WordPress and Landing Pages Edits – I need general edits made to my site such as copy and images but also need someone that can format and post a blog. I also use Leadpages for my landing pages so you need to be familiar or willing to learn that.
Social Media and Facebook – This includes writing and sometimes researching things to post on our social media platforms. Topics to research would be business tips, inspiration quotes, helpful articles and such. Then once approved scheduling the posts. Also managing our Facebook groups and acting as a community moderator. Daily interaction Monday through Friday is needed for the Facebook groups.
Simple Graphic Design – we don’t need a photoshop expert but someone that has an eye for what looks good and can follow directions to create social media, blog, and website graphics using Photoshop, Canva or a similar program.
Writing – This includes general editing and writing. Many times I will write a newsletter, blog or other article and need it edited. Sometimes I may ask you for ideas to write about as well. Having a prompt can often help get the creative juices flowing!
Travel Arrangements – This includes booking flights, and hotel reservations. You will make sure I have a printed copy of the travel itinerary. To make these arrangements, you will have access to my business credit card or financial information.
Administrative Tasks – You will help with administrative tasks, such as creating documents and PowerPoint presentations, editing slides, assisting with bookkeeping, organizing and managing files or performing Internet research. Minor video editing may be needed at times and we can discuss this further.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and exceptional typing skills.
- Excellent writing skills (includes editing others writing).
- Interpersonal skills – you will be doing customer service on a daily basis and we need someone that can not only relate well to others but understand the tone in which you speak to people, especially in a situation where they might be upset.
- Ambitious – we want someone that is excited to grow with us!
- Tech savvy – we use numerous online programs and we need someone that can learn fast and isn’t afraid of using numerous programs.
- A professional attitude and superior organizational and time management skills, with the ability to complete tasks within a deadline.
- Excellent language and grammar skills.
- Self starter – someone who thrives on completing projects independently and on-time.
- Fast learner – someone who can pick up new systems and learn them quickly.
Pay will start around $15 per hour but does depend on skill set. Pay increase after 90 days depending on performance review.
About 30 hours a week starting with the potential to be full time for the right person. If you learn fast and have the availability this could increase quickly. Schedule is flexible and will be discussed during the interview process but you do need to work some each Monday through Friday. Training will be provided for most of the software programs you are not familiar with.
How to apply:
Deadline to apply is December 4th. Click here to fill out our application.
Once we receive the information we will contact you if you are selected for the next round and will follow up then with the next steps.