How to Be Financially Free: Interview with Kate Northrup
Today, I am speaking with my friend Kate Northrup. I’ve known Kate for several years now and I am always amazed by her wise words. In this “do-over” interview (my computer crashed and I lost the original) we go over some great stuff – including Moby and Sparkly paintings. Hey life can’t always be so serious…
(We apologize for the glitch in the audio about halfway through. It's worth it so watch away)
I wanted to interview Kate for the Flourish & Thrive Community for a few reasons:
- She was financially free at the age of 28 and teaches others how to be just as independent in their own lives.
- She believes that creating abundance in your life is directly related to what you value and not what you deprive yourself of.
- She speaks about happiness, gratitude and containing creative energy.
- She dates her finances and believes we all need to fall in love with our money.
- Plus, she is totally into yoga and Feng Shui
As designers who are trying to create financial abundance in our businesses, often times it comes down to aligning yourself with your money in just the right way. Kate is a master practitioner of being financially free and believes it’s available to anyone. She wrote a great blog post about the Spaciousness of Simplicity which she mentions in our little chat.
After you watch the video tell us the following in the comments:
How are you going to date your finances?
List 3 action steps that you are going to take this week to move towards financial freedom in your life.
B/c of @katenorthrup and @flourish_thrive I’m going on a date with my finances! https://bit.ly/XP20Hd
Check out how I am dating my finances w/ @katenorthrup and @flourish_thrive https://bit.ly/XP20Hd