How to Leverage the Slow Summer Season to KILL it During the Holidays
Do you love slowing down a bit in the summer as much as I do?
I love summer because it’s a time to slow down, refresh and travel to destinations that I either love or that I’ve never been before.
There is nothing like taking a getaway or a quick vacation to renew your energy and get excited about the busy months ahead. Unless you have a store in a busy resort town or are working outdoor markets and festivals, summertime can be a bit slow for many jewelry professionals.
I mean, the entire jewelry district in NYC shuts down for two weeks! That’s gotta tell you something.
But listen up: Don’t let a small slowdown in sales get you down. RIGHT NOW is the BEST time to prepare for what’s ahead in the coming months: The Holiday Sales Season!
Get ready, because wasting away this valuable time can be the difference between the best holiday sales season ever and a subpar one.
For instance, around this time of the year, I usually work on finalizing some late summer wedding designs for clients, planning my collection for Holiday Sales and connecting with clients to get them into my sales pipeline for the holiday.
My clients know that if they snooze, they lose if they want to commission something from me!
Let me share a few strategies so you can Leverage the Slow Summer Season to KILL it During the Holidays
Remember: Just because this is a slow season for business, doesn’t mean there’s less work to do. And if you’re strategic, this summer could help you drum up your biggest sale this year!
Here are a few ways to use your time wisely during the summer months:
- Implement the things you’ve been putting off. Have a bunch of partially finished marketing projects? Get those up to speed and completed.
- Try a grassroots or direct mail campaign. Create a segment of people you already know and tell them what you’re up to. Ask for referrals and watch your sales grow.
- Reach out to existing customers and see how they’re enjoying their pieces. This is a great way to come from a place of service while still making sales.
- Create your holiday marketing plan and map out key promotions and dates so that you can hit the ground running.
- Sell off old inventory. Move out the stuff that isn’t selling, refine metals, host a sample sale, etc.
- Educate yourself. Take a program to sharpen your skills or work with a coach to support you in moving faster towards your goals.
Again, use this time wisely! Prepare, prepare, prepare!
If you wait for the holiday season to get your collections ready, you won’t have the time to put in the care and intention into your creations. And you won’t be able to focus on marketing and other revenue generating activities as the holiday arrives.
Don’t slack off just because it’s a little slower. Put your finishing touches in and get ready to supercharge your jewelry sales online and offline – your bank account will thank you for it!
Want my proven system that has helped thousands of jewelry designers and makers boost their sales online, especially during the holiday season?
Sign up for my Supercharge Your Online Sales Masterclass. It’s free!