Are you a jewelry designer who is ready to add to your team but you aren't sure where to start? Does the thought of committing to a full time or part time employee make your nervous? How much do you want to be able to direct the person working for you?
Before you go on hiring someone, you need to know the pros and cons of hiring an employee vs. an independent contractor. Today, I chat with Genavieve Shingle who is a small business attorney. She likes to call herself the affordable attorney which is awesome for those of us who have small businesses.
I love her clear concise explanation of all things “Legal” and we are excited to have her as a contributor to our Multiply Your Profits course.
In this video you are going to learn:
1. The key differences between employees & contractors
2. How to determine which is right for you
3. Plus, a surprise revelation about having a contractor work in your office or studio.
After you watch the video, answer these questions in the comments below:
1. What confuses you the most about hiring an employees vs. a contractor?
2. Do you have people on your team? If so, are they employees or contractors?
You can find Genavieve at GenavieveShingle.com. Make sure you check out her contract templates because they are an awesome resource for small business owners who don’t have a lot of cash to invest in attorneys who want to charge thousands for a contract.
If you haven’t checked out our FREE training series and grabbed your Jewelry Business Blueprint, make sure you head on over for more info.
Click to Tweet: Employees vs. Independent Contractors: What You Need to Know When Adding to Your Team http://bit.ly/1dlQ920