You’re Successful And You Know It!
I’m successful and I know it! Now, say it like you mean it.
OK, so maybe you’re not exactly where you want to be in your business, but you’re on your way and one of the most important things you can do to get there is to be confident.
“Confidence equals security equals positive emotion equals better performance,” ~ Tony Schwartz, president and CEO of The Energy Project
Basically, coming across as a confident person who knows their biz is important in any relationship – customer, vendor, etc.- especially if it is a new relationship.
A good friend of mine who has a very successful accessories business confessed to me recently that working with customers and selling her line is not what enjoys and can sometimes be really hard for her. She still gets a little shy when she has to approach a potential customer and there is that discomfort when someone doesn’t like one of her designs. I was shocked to learn this, as she has always appeared to be super confidant, especially when working with customers – existing and new.
Her passion is designing and not sales or creating business systems, but like most designers, she wears many hats in her business. So how has she been able to be such an all around kick ass businesswoman? And one who exudes a lot of confidence? She divulged to me that she uses the “Fake It Till You Make It” rule.
“Fake It Till You Make It” is a catchphrase that means to imitate confidence and once success happens, real confidence will happen. When working with customers she comes across as confident and secure AND nothing is more important or attractive to a customer than for the person they are working with to have confidence.
People are attracted to confident people… like a magnet.
You have more than likely witnessed this attraction first hand. Oprah is a great example of a well-known person who exudes confidence and who doesn’t want to hang with Oprah!
Be confident in your work. Here are few confident things to say to potential customers/buyers.
- “Your assortment is fantastic and I am confident that my line would be a great addition and compliment to your existing pieces.”
- “I have put together an order for you that I know will work well with your existing assortment.”
- “I love your store and am confident it is the right fit for my line.”
Not every day is going to be easy so here are 2 things to remember when your confidence is lagging:
1. Be uncomfortable. Feeling uncomfortable is part of the process of running a business. Recognize it and then move forward. Don’t hang out there.
2. Your CAN solve you customer’s problem. In order to really help your clients, you have to be confident that you can solve their problems. It may not be the solution that they were after, but you can still solve it. Listen to your customer’s issue – most people just want to be heard – and keep focused on the fact that you want to keep them happy.
Show off your newfound confidence by contacting 3 new customers.
Leave us a comment below to tell us what happened and how it felt!
I’m Showing Off My Confidence with @Flourish_Thrive https://bit.ly/12vGycO