Why Goal Setting for Your Jewelry Business is “BS” Unless You Do This First!
It’s time! 2013 is coming to an end and it is the perfect time to step back and take a good look at your jewelry business. I know what you’re thinking… I’m tired and it’s the busiest time of year, how the heck can I possibly take time to step back and evaluate this past year? The real question is how can you afford not to?
As a jewelry business owner you owe it to yourself, your customers and your business to review the past year and plan for the year ahead. Sure business is going to happen no matter what, but don’t you want to have a say in what that business is going to look like? By evaluating your past successes and challenges and having a vision of what you want for the year ahead can help when it comes to planning your 2014 business.
Goal setting is total “BS” unless you Evaluate first! In order clearly evaluate, you need to ask yourself a few questions:
- What were my successes in 2013?
- What were the opportunities and actions that helped me to achieve my 2013 goal?or What were my challenges that prevented me from achieving my goals in 2013?
- Is my business foundation strong enough to build the next phase of my biz?
- What areas need attention or change?
- Are there areas that I need to invest in like sales, production, accounting, etc?
- Survey your customers to determine your business reputation.
- Analyze your jewelry and services to determine if they still meet the needs of your Dream Client.
Now, take this information and apply it to your 2014 plan. What I like to do is go step by step in each area of business.
Take a look at:
- Social Media
- Marketing & PR
- Business Systems
- Team (this includes contractors and vendors)
Write out what you’d like to achieve for each area of your business. Once you take a look at what you’d like to achieve (even if it’s to keep things status quo), you can develop a solid vision for 2014. Now go for it!
We want to hear from you! In the comments below tell us the following:
- What is your biggest success from 2013?
- What areas of your biz do you want to change next year?
Why goal setting is total BS unless you do this first. @Flourish_Thrive
Make sure you enroll in our Manifest Your Jewelry Business Goals Challenge and win awesome prizes like collection review worth $500 and amazon gift cards! Plus the opportunity to win a slot for our training on December 19th. it’s easy.