EP 332: Create Your Leave Behind List to Launch into the New Year With a Bang
What are the things that I can do to get things aligned so that I’m reaching the kind of targets and goals and all those things that I would like to create in my life…
Did you know that there was a Gemini full moon last Saturday night? And apparently this was an ideal time for setting new intentions and leaving behind the baggage that’s no-longer serving you.
Now, I’m a Gemini and I’d love to share with you what I learned from making my release list during this Gemini full moon.
But first, let’s go back to my core and the main reason why I’m doing what I’m doing.
My mission is to help you launch your version of what freedom looks like for you. And build a business that is fun, that creates financial security for you and your family and makes profit at the end of the year.
A business that allows you to do things that you love so much that you literally wake up excited about going to work.
Now, in order for me to fulfill my mission, I need clarity on what I’m trying to do and let go of things that are not serving that purpose for the last few years.
And I feel like there’s been a lot of residual powerful energy over the last years, given the pandemic, inflation and political chaos.
Things to Think About
After all that chaos and drama, we really need to find the balance of how to get to a place where it’s fully aligned with our vision and on purpose with what we’re doing in our business and in our life.
So here are the things you’d want to think about:
- What are the things that you did last year that worked really well for you? (Get really specific on what happened)
- What is working really well?
- What didn’t work well?
- Where are you spending money?
Next you have to evaluate what’s important. Everyone is going to have a different evaluation of things.
Like some people crush at sales, while other people just can’t get their foot in the door, but others may be amazing at shows.
Be intentional and evaluate:
- What are the things that you actually love doing?
- What are the things that you dislike?
- Where is the money coming from in your business?
- How are you blocking what it is you’re trying to create in your life?
- Are you avoiding working at things because they’re hard?
- Are the people in your life you’ve kept so long serving you?
- Are you being honest with yourself?
Be especially critical in evaluating your Revenue Stream:
- What expenses can you reduce?
- Do you have ongoing technology expenses that you’re not using?
- Are you participating in shows that are expensive to participate in, but you’re not getting the same return on investment?
I want you to think about all the things that aren’t serving you anymore.
What do I want to leave behind?
And ask yourself multiple times — What do I want to leave behind?
As for me, I made a promise to myself that I will no longer settle for mediocrity. I’m going to settle for excellence!
As a CEO or visionary of the company, I have to execute and work strategically.
That means I technically have to remove myself from the organizational chart and step back. I have to focus on running the business and not give myself menial tasks and stuff I might have been doing before. I have to step up into the CEO role and work on the higher needs of the business.
And the way to do it is proper planning.
Now, for planning, you can simply have a one page plan or even look up for templates for one page business plans.
It doesn’t have to be long, all you need are:
- Have your vision mapped out for the year
- Have goals mapped out for the year
- Map out your key marketing initiatives
- Other big things you need to move forward.
Vision with a Theme
Once you have the plan, be clear on what your vision is and your key initiative. It should have a theme which is usually just one word.
As for me, my vision is to have our marketing initiatives planned out for the year. And have Flourish and Thrive Academy structured properly on how we’re doing our launches and our intakes into our program.
The reason is that I’ve just restructured FTA and our marketing team. So our theme for the year is Marketing.
How about you?…
Better yet, let me repeat my most important question….
What do you want to leave behind?
Let that sh*t go, and launch into the New Year with a bang!
More Resources for Jewelry Designers