#318 Cyber Weekend Promotion Ideas
The biggest sales weekend of the year is almost here, are you ready?
I’m talking about Black Friday through Cyber Monday. It’s a great opportunity to generate sales as a jewelry company.
If you’re still not sure what to do, it’s time to kick it into gear and make a plan. I’m here to help.
I’ve covered Cyber Weekend sales strategies a lot in the past, so check out the links at the end of this blog post to dive deeper into the topic.
Today, let’s keep it simple and talk about some basic promotion ideas you can use to make the most of your Cyber Weekend sales.
Usually, I don’t advocate for jewelry designers to discount their products. Black Friday & Cyber Monday are the few exceptions to this.
3 basic discount strategies (with examples):
- Blanket Discount – 20% off all products sitewide.
- Expiring Discount – 30% off on the first day of the promotion, 20% off on the second day, 10% on the third, etc.
- Tiered Discount – 10% off when you spend $50, 20% off when you spend $100, 30% off when you spend $150, etc.
There’s no wrong way to structure your Cyber Weekend discount strategy, so pick the one that works best for you and your brand.
Shoppers have generally come to expect discounts during Cyber Weekend, but there are still other promotion options if you don’t want to offer a discount.
3 simple non-discount strategies (with examples):
- Buy One Get One (BOGO) – Buy any 3 products and get 1 for free.
- Bundles – A necklace costs $100 and the matching earrings cost $50. Bundle them together for only $125.
- Gift With Purchase – Every purchase over $100 gets a free stacking ring.
Non-discount strategies work especially well around the holidays because people are always looking for extra products to give away as gifts.
Virtual Trunk Show
If you’ve been part of the Thrive Tribe for a while, you know how much I rave about virtual trunk shows.
They’re just like in-person trunk shows, only hosted over a virtual platform like Facebook Live or Zoom. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for shoppers to buy from your brand.
Virtual trunk shows can be a great way to mix things up this year and diversify your revenue streams a little bit.
Listen to the full episode above for even more ideas you can use to execute a killer cyber weekend promotion this year.