Community

#314 From Jewelry Maker to Media Mogul with Vanessa Coppes of Bella Magazine

By Tracy Matthews / September 7, 2021

Knowing how to pitch your jewelry to media publications is key to establishing brand credibility. I got the inside scoop from the CEO and Editor in Chief of Bella Magazine. Vanessa Coppes began her professional journey as a…

Read More

#308 Key Takeaways from the Expand Your Audience Event

By Tracy Matthews / June 28, 2021

I’m on a high this week, m’dear! Why? Because last week I hosted our Expand Your Audience – Grow Your Sales event, and it was a huge hit! I can’t wait to start hosting in-person events again next…

Read More

#307 From Seasonal In Person Events to Daily Sales All Year Round with Erin Heydenreich

By Tracy Matthews / June 22, 2021

Did you build your jewelry brand on sales from in-person events? Then you probably have a lot in common with Erin Herdenreich of Betina Roza. Erin designs bright beachy jewelry for the rare brave soul. She sells her…

Read More
BIPOC scholarship program for jewelry designers and artists

Flourish & Thrive Academy Announces The 2021 BIPOC Mentorship Program Winners

By Tracy Matthews / February 1, 2021

In July of 2020, Tracy Matthews committed a $42K mentorship program for Emerging BIPOC Designers and Makers. The program begins February 1, 2021 and runs for one year. Flourish & Thrive Academy was founded with the intention of…

Read More

#271 The BIPOC Open Letter with Angely Martinez

By Tracy Matthews / September 29, 2020

The BIPOC Open Letter is making waves in the jewelry industry, and I got to interview the inspiring designer who organized it – Angely Martinez. Born in the Dominican Republic, Angely Martinez is an award-winning jewelry designer and…

Read More

#269 From the Streets of Soho to Scaling Online with Lorraine West

By Tracy Matthews / September 15, 2020

What do Beyonce, Erykah Badu, and Zendaya have in common? They all love Lorraine West’s Jewelry. And you’re gonna love her, too! Lorraine and I met at NYC Jewelry Week’s Here We Are event, and I knew right…

Read More

#265 Responsibility in Sourcing with Brandee Dallow

By Tracy Matthews / August 18, 2020

The word “sustainability” gets thrown around a lot these days. But what does it actually take to have a sustainable jewelry brand? My friend Brandee Dallow has the answer. Through her involvement with the Responsible Jewellery Council, Brandee…

Read More

#262 From Successful Side Hustle to a 6+ Figure Business in Less Than a Year with Gitti Lindner

By Tracy Matthews / July 28, 2020

If you’re running a side hustle and wondering – can I really turn this into a full-time business? You need to meet Gitti Lindner… Gitti is a ceramicist and founder of Cinder Ceramics. What began as a side…

Read More

#256 Core Values and How to Position Your Brand to Align with Them

By Tracy Matthews / June 16, 2020

I want to do something a little different this week… 2020 has been a year of reflection and change for me, and I hope it has been for you, too.  So I decided to reevaluate and get real…

Read More

#253 Mind-Blowing Success Stories to Inspire You with Robin Kramer

By Tracy Matthews / May 19, 2020

What’s the most important tool to set yourself up for success? A good support network. Here at the Flourish and Thrive Academy, we aim to create antifragile businesses that can survive anything. Robin Kramer is my dear friend…

Read More