Community

#250 How to Navigate Closures in Your Brick and Mortar Retail Store

By Tracy Matthews / April 28, 2020

In times of financial uncertainty and online-only shopping, jewelry can still thrive. Merging creative marketing solutions with the adaptation of online retail, independent jewelry designers who once relied on in-store sales are able to both stay afloat financially…

Read More

#248 6 Online Sales Strategies that Are Working Now

By Tracy Matthews / April 14, 2020

I want to tell you something: it’s OKAY if you’re feeling overwhelmed right now. The changes we’re experiencing are causing a lot of fear and uncertainty and I understand how that might paralyze you and keep you feeling…

Read More

#246 Simple Jewelry Bench Tips with Corkie Bolton of Metalsmith Society

By Tracy Matthews / April 2, 2020

Breaking news: double-sided tape is about to rock your world. At least, that’s what happened to me when I sat down with Corkie Bolton for a second round of podcasting! It’s so great to meet other jewelers with…

Read More

#245 How to Pivot Your Sales Strategy When Your Shows Are Off and Stores Aren’t Buying

By Tracy Matthews / March 31, 2020

“Shows are canceled, stores are closed, and sales are down. How do I sell at a time like this?” This sentiment has been popping up all over the jewelry community. It’s a scary and uncertain time, but you…

Read More

#244 Financial Aid and Business Resources for Designers, Makers, and Artists

By Tracy Matthews / March 26, 2020

The Coronavirus situation has majorly disrupted people’s livelihoods all over the world, and small businesses have been hit the hardest. It’s a scary and stressful time, but the good news is we’re all in this together – and…

Read More

Financial Aid and Business Resources for Makers, Designers, and Artists During the Coronavirus and Covid-19 Pandemic

By Tracy Matthews / March 25, 2020

Everyone in our community has been asking, “What can I do for my small business during the Coronavirus pandemic?” I get it, we’re in totally uncharted territory right now. The good news is there are plenty of resources…

Read More

#243 Don’t Panic – Here’s What to Do NOW to Save Your Jewelry Business During the Coronavirus Pandemic with Robin Kramer

By Tracy Matthews / March 24, 2020

We’re in the middle of some rocky, uncharted waters, m’dear. But that doesn’t mean we’re doomed! It’s time to pull together as a community to support one another as we navigate this brand new territory. I’m tuning in…

Read More

#237 Why I Care So Much About Your Jewelry Business

By Tracy Matthews / February 4, 2020

Every time I get an influx of new students, this question comes up in one way or another: “Tracy, why do you care whether my jewelry business fails or succeeds? Why should I listen to you?” Ouch, but…

Read More

#236 Celebrating Our Students’ Successes

By Tracy Matthews / January 28, 2020

Building a business takes courage. I’ve seen designers try to do the same thing over and over again expecting something to change because they’re afraid of what might happen if they try something new. The monotony is familiar…

Read More

#230 Chicago Responsible Jewelry Conference Recap with Jess Gebauer

By Tracy Matthews / December 17, 2019

Have you ever thought about the impact your brand has on the environment and in communities around the globe? There’s a shift happening in the jewelry industry right now. People all the way down the chain, from consumers…

Read More